Thursday, December 6, 2012

Metamorphosis

The end of fantasies,
The shattering of dreams.
Nothingness and darkness,
Engulf my senses.

The end of the world,
The beginning of another.
The dark era has begun,
The devil has shown himself.

The beast inside has come alive,
To prey on unsuspecting souls.
The furnace is boiling,
The agony inside is searing.

Pain stings like icicles on a winter night,
Blood flows like hot magma.
I am numbed and cold to feelings,
And I watch as all bonds are ripped apart.

Adrenalin surges through my veins,
As my animal instincts take over.
I feel the need for blood and gore,
And goodliness seems a distant cliche.

I loathe what I am turning into,
But betrayed I find only one way.
The darker path to salvation,
The way to peace with myself.

1 comment:

  1. What a transition of the mind!! A slew of paradoxes accompanies both the thoughts and the mind in the process of metamorphosis!!
    Way to Go!! awesome metaphysical details!

    ReplyDelete